Vibratory bowls are the most versatile and most cost effective types of mass finishing equipment available. They have the ability for aggressive burr removal along with providing pre-plate surface finishes without impingement.
Giant’s models are ideal for continuous process and high production of small to medium parts (powdered metal, stampings, castings) with cycle times of 5 to 30 minutes. Standard machines feature 100 percent separation of parts and media, a spiral bottom, heavy duty bowl and base weldment, a removable cast polyurethane drain plug and cast urethane screen. These steel media-ready machines are also equipped with a media discharge door and a parts discharge ramp.
For smaller operations, the Giant Wedge Series blends efficiency, economy, and portability. Totally enclosed, quiet and self contained, Wedges are easy to operate. Their low frontloading profile allows easy access to parts through its hinged sound cover. Equipped with casters, Wedges are ideal for cellular applications.
Burnishing / Cleaning / Polishing
Giant Finishing Systems stand above the competition in quality and value. Put them all together and you get a system optimized for performance, profitability, and ease of use.
Complete Giant systems are ideal for high production applications that demand a continuous flow of finished product. For heavy industrial production applications, multiple machines with overhead hopper, screen deck, and media return conveyor eliminate part mixing. Combining an overhead hopper/feeder, bowl, conveyor and dryer, a Giant system not only improves thru-put, users can see additional cost savings because the machines are very easy to operate. Depending upon the configuration, one employee can do the work of three or more. An integrated Giant system furnishes greater thru-put, easy operation, and reduced manpower.
Read More About the Following Units Below
GIANT Model GT-12
- Length 76″
- Width 58″
- Load Height 40”
- Height 48″
- Cubic Capacity 12 Cu. Ft.
- Shipping Weight 4,510 lbs.
- Floor Space 30.4 Sq. Ft.
- Tub Dimensions:
- Diameter of tub (after lining) 22″
- Length of tub (after lining) 58″
- Maximum load capacity 3,600 lbs.
- Lining material 1″
- Vibration frequency: 900-1450 VPM
Balanced Suspension Drive is mounted on extra heavy duty Spherical roller bearings in precision turned housings securely attached to the vibratory tub. This mounting system and the long eccentric weights create even action through the processing chamber allowing continuous duty under the most adverse conditions. The tuned coil springs are mounted on urethane pads and are off-set front to rear allowing a natural rolling action with less input from the eccentric train. This natural action results in extended bearing and tub life cycles. Bearings can be lubricated by an optional automatic fail safe system. Grease is injected into the bearings on a timed basis controlled by an adjustable solid state pulse unit located within the control panel. The vibratory unit is driven by V-belt and pulley arrangement from power unit. Variable amplitude is adjusted manually by adding additional weights to the eccentric bar.
7.5 HP T.E.F.C. Hostile Duty High Efficiency, 460 volts, 3 phase, 60 cycle motor.
Electronic variable speed drive with digital tachometer
An AC inverter coupled directly to the motor controls the vibration frequency. Push buttons for increase or decrease of the vibration frequency are in the main panel. A digital tachometer provides a read-out of machine RPM.
Machine base is manufactured of steel beams and all welded construction for maximum rigidity. Floor mounting pads are furnished for 1″ floor mounting studs.
The Vibratory Tub
Constructed of heavy reinforced steel tube gusseted its entire length. The welded structure is stress relieved and shot-peened after welding to prevent fatigue. Rear end of tube is equipped with a plug discharge door, for discharging media into container. Drainage of contaminants from the machine is by means of perforated 1/8″ diameter holes at bottom of tube. Effluent flows to drainage hoses leading to effluent container.
JIC Control Panel
U.L. Listed components housed in a NEMA type 12 enclosure. 460 voltage is transformed to 110 volts at operator controls. Includes start/stop push buttons, compound system selector switch and plug in receptacle, lapsed hour recorder, 0-6 hour process timer and fused disconnect.
Included in base price:
- A.C. Inverter variable speed drive with digital tachometer.
- Balanced Suspension Drive vibratory mechanism
- Polyurethane lining.
- Variable amplitude adjusted manually.
- High efficiency motors.
- Tub divider (adjustable/removable)
- Pneumatically controlled Sound Cover.
- ST-55 Settling Tank
- Auto Premixing Compound System
3.5 Cubic Feet Batch Bowl Vibratory Deburring and Finishing Machine
Machines in Stock – 4 units
- Cubic Feet Process Capacity 3.5
- Channel Width: 10.5”
- Horsepower Motor: 1 1/2
- Urethane Lining Thickness: 3/4″
- Shipping Weight: 1050 lbs
- Floor Space: 12 Sq. Ft
- Max Load Capacity: 820 lbs
- Bowl Diameter: 36 1/2″
- Power: 115V
- HEAVY DUTY BOWL AND BASE is of all welded steel construction reinforced by gusset plates. The bowl is stress relieved then shot-peened for max durability/ lined with 90 Durometer urethane.
- PRECISION DRIVE SYSTEM consisting of heavy-duty spherical roller bearings mounted to the vertical drive shaft
- DROP – ON WEIGHT SEGMENTS (adjustable amplitude)
- HIGH EFFICIENCY MOTORS
- TUNED COIL SPRING TUB SUSPENSION
- ADJUSTABLE AMPLITUDE FLYWHEEL LEAD ANGLE for fast finishing action adjustments.
- COMPOUND INLET PIPING
- REMOVABLE CAST URETHANE DRAIN PLUG
- ELECTRONIC VARIABLE SPEED DRIVE WITH DIGITAL TACHOMETER: An AC inverter coupled directly to the motor controls the vibration frequency. Push buttons for increase or decrease of the vibration frequency are in the main panel. A digital tachometer provides a read-out of machine RPM.